- 12-14 People 12/14
- 4 Bedrooms 4
- 4 Bathrooms 4
- 2 Fires 2
Many features including:
- Beautiful exposed beams & stone walls
- 4 bedrooms - 2 double, 1 twin, 1 six-bed mezzanine
- Sitting Room, TV, DVD
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Bathrooms with showers and bath
- Open fire and wood-burning stove
- Good, free WiFi
- Ample parking and secure bike storage
Nestling in the northern slopes of the Brecon Beacons, Cwmcynwyn is an ideal holiday location for large families and groups.
Footpaths from the farm lead directly to the famous peaks of Cribyn, Pen-y-fan and Fan-y-Big.
The barn, which dates back to the 17th century, has been carefully restored retaining the original oak beams and stonework.
Short breaks from £825
In addition to hiking routes straight from the door there are opportunities for mountain biking and pony trekking nearby. Mountain bikes can be hired and delivered to the barn and Cartref Adventure Farm provide pony trekking and lessons for all ages and abilities. For those wanting a little more excitement the Multi-activity centre at Llangorse offer rock climbing and bouldering while the mountain bike park in Merthyr Tydfil provides trails at all levels!
The area is a designated International Dark Sky Reserve which offers outstanding quality of night sky - a stargazers paradise!
The market town Brecon is 4 miles away and has a good variety of shops, supermarkets, pubs and restaurants.
The town also has a 1930's style cinema and Theatr Brycheiniog which hosts a wide variety of entertainment from plays, music and dance to comedy evenings, exhibitions and children's events.
Brecon is at the end of the scenic Monmouthshire Brecon canal and canoes and small motorboats can be hired at a number of locations.
Whatever your needs; family get-together, team-building event, hen / stag celebration or group hiking holiday we're sure Cwmcynwyn Farm Barn will meet your expectations and assure you of a very warm welcome.
A camping field is also available should you need to accommodate extra people.
- Bedroom 1
- Double bedroom with an inter-linking en-suite shower and toilet (lockable from both bedrooms).
- Bedroom 2
- Double bedroom.
- Bedroom 3
- Twin bedroom with an en suite shower and toilet.
- Bedroom 4
- This bedroom has six single pine beds, this mezzanine area can be used as a bedroom or a further sitting area - overlooking the downstairs sitting room.
- Additional facilities
- Sofa bed and cot.
- In addition to the two en suite bathrooms there is a further spacious bathroom with bath, handbasin and toilet. Downstairs there is a shower room with handbasin, toilet and an area for leaving coats and muddy boots!
- Downstairs is a large flag-stoned area with an impressive stone built fireplace with semi-circular settle built from green oak and access to outside sitting area.
- Upstairs is a large open plan room with sofas, wood-burner, TV & DVD.
- Kitchen / Dining Room
- Very spacious and well-equipped kitchen with central island, electric hob, oven, microwave, large fridge, washing machine, dishwasher and a long refectory table seating 14 people.
- A sunny stone sheltered sitting area with wooden table and benches and a stone built BBQ.
- The barn has green biomass heating, electricity, an open fire (will be laid for your arrival on the first night) and wood-burner. Pure water from a fresh borehole water system. Home-grown firewood can be purchased from owner upon request during your stay.
- Duvets, pillows and bedlinen provided.
- Ample parking and safe storage for bikes.
- Sorry, no pets as we are a working sheep farm.
What our visitors think of Cwmcynwyn!
Great location (climb Pen y Fan from the door!) and really friendly and helpful owner. The accommodation was first class, well equipped kitchen, wood for the open fire and even a Christmas tree!Mr Thompson
Gorgeous property. So fun for our family gathering with lots of space, very warm and a great atmosphere. Lovely walks around the property and enjoyed proximity to Brecon …